Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Slow Motion

"UHHH...Slow motion for me, slow motion for me, move it, slow motion for meeee..." (Holler at some Juvenile (who? and where is he now?) and 2002 high school days)

*I apologize in advance for the huge glass of whine and complain that's to follow...

In all seriousness, my life is in slow motion.

Nearing 38 weeks and I resemble a sloth.

"Just hangin', barely movin'...you say something?"

GIFSoup    

 A friend emailed me today and asked, "how are you feeling?" Instead of my normal, "chipper" response of, "pretty good considering!", I responded with"I feel tired like I was drugged with benadryl (but it's an IV drip that I can't turn off) and possibly like the blueberry girl from Willy Wonka might have felt..." Probably a little too honest, but people, it's the gosh darn TRUTH.

I wish there was a better word than "fatigue", because it's just not working for me. I don't think it adequately describes the intensity of the the lethargy and sluggish feelings that wave over me throughout the day. You bet I took my lunch hour and passed out on the hard, cold ground of my office floor the other day. Just me and some commercial carpeting, all snug as a bug. I admit it and it was the best 40 minutes of that work day. No shame in that game.

My brain, my feet, my arms, my head, my mouth (the words coming out of it) and even my eyelids are too slow to respond with any normalcy. It's all mushy. And heavy. And sleeeeeeepy.  It's got me wondering if I'll have or recognize that "surge" of energy at the onset of labor I hear and read about. It's got me wondering if I'm going to sleep through it all! Okay okay, dramatic, I know.

It should be against the law to work during your third trimester!

p.s. People, 40 weeks equals 10 months, NOT 9! Why do they always say it's nine?

No comments:

Post a Comment