Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Vaccination

Vaccines are such a controversial subject these days. Having worked with kids with autism, I fall into the category of skeptics myself. As his mother, I want to protect him with all I have. So do I protect him from the crazy illness' he could contract or the potential of a mental disability? It's no easy choice. And one that's racked my brain years before I ever conceived. As you know already, I'm not exactly "Connie Conventional" and so I sought out a Pediatrician who isn't either. After a conversation about my worries and the pros and cons, he recommended I look into the Sears schedule for vaccines. Having already read a couple publications from the Sears family and mostly agreeing with their viewpoints, I went for it.

I have to say, now that I've read The Vaccine Book, I'm feeling better having all the facts- bad and good and I've decided upon the way I will go about it for my family. 

I feel very blessed to have a Ped doc who is open to these ideas and to be in a position where I can make alternative choices.

I highly recommend The Vaccine Book by Robert Sears. He offers more than one way to go about vaccines. Thomas' two month appointment came a lot quicker than I was ready for. He had his first vaccine today and he's currently sound asleep in my arms while I type this on my phone (hooray for the blogger app!). I'll hold him all day if I need to. And I just might need to, for my own sake. 

1 comment: