Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Baby had a shower & musings





Two weekends ago, two dear friends threw Matt and I a baby shower! My mom and Mischon both flew in to help celebrate! Tessa and Sarah, the lovely hostesses, brought over decorations galore and we wined and dined all brunch long with sweet friends. I was overwhelmed with the love and support from our family and friends. Baby is one blessed little boy.

I'm about three weeks away from baby arrival! It's a little wild to think that he could be with us at any moment. Over the weekend Matt and I got our bags all packed and they are ready to go by the front door. Three in total, mine, his and babes. It's a little hard packing for someone who's not here yet. I don't know if he'll fit into the clothes I chose for him. I don't know if he'll be too hot or cold and quite frankly, I don't know if I have the right things packed! I've compared lots of lists as well as considered my Doula's recommendations. But who knows!?

The heat. Summer has arrived and HOLY CRAP does it feel like I'm wearing a down coat I can't take off. It's hard to think straight (pregnant brain, which is REAL, plus heat is a rude joke) and function in the heat. My mind goes to slush, my fingers and feet swell, my veins go from stream sized to rivers (think men on steriods). My upper lip has a perpetual sweatstache and I want to rip all clothes off. Too bad I'm sitting in my office and it's the HOTTEST room in the place. Cruel. Just. Cruel. I feel absolutely terrible for those who have to endure the whole summer. I want to send them all tickets to Antarctica. Or maybe the North Pole. Somewhere far away from the equator.



No comments:

Post a Comment