Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pregnancy & Beauty Products

I've "inherited" my mother's love of beauty and skin products. It's not something I'm exactly proud of. The frugal side of me thinks, "what a waste of money." However, there's also the little girl who still hears her mother's voice in her head telling me to "take care of my skin now and I'll be thankful later."

Lotions, potions, vitamins, serums, you name it. I've tried it. It also helps (or doesn't) that my sister works for Sephora (I LOVE SAMPLES). The thing is, it used to just be about me. My skin, face, legs arms, my dark circles and dry scalp. Knowing that those creams (etc.) penetrate deeper than just the skin's surface, I've always been a little more interested in an "organic" or "all natural" approach to skin care. All the while, I'd still try out the latest "photo ready" foundation made with who knows what and how many chemicals. As soon as I found out I was pregnant I immediately cut it all out and started over. I sure as heck didn't want to put anything on my body that might affect my unborn child. For goodness sake, the little guy doesn't need unnecessary crap going through his developing veins. What is safe for me and for baby?

I asked around, consulted with friends, family, strangers at various beauty stores, and researched the interwebs. Below is what I utilize daily/ weekly to take care of myself and still take care that I'm not harming baby boy.

Burt's Bees Mama Bee Body Oil. For my ever growing belly. Smells so fresh. I apply immediately following a shower and before bed. I plan to continue to use this post natal.

Alba Botanica Body lotion. All over body lotion. SO moisturizing. Great for the Colorado dryness.

Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Cream.  I use it both day and night.

Juice Beauty CC Cream. I wear it under foundation and by itself!

BareMinerals compact foundation. I find it to have great coverage and feels light and not heavy on my skin.

Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer. I use it under my eyes and to cover up any blemishes. Blends so well and doesn't crease! Really!

Tarte Bronzer. For that extra glow.

Fresh Sugar Lip Balm in Coral. Hey pouty mouth.

Wen Cleansing Conditioner. For those times I actually wash my hair. This is all you need. In one bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment