Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Nesting Online

Is it bad that I've only shopped for my child online? I have yet to set foot in a Babies R Us or Buy Buy Baby. I've stopped in a local shop but ended up talking to the store owner for an hour on cloth diapers and didn't do much "shopping."In fact, I walked out of there having bought two wool balls that go in the dryer to help your clothes dry more quickly. Nothing for baby.

Stores like Buy Buy Baby scare me. "Great Prices", "Sales" "Bargain Bins" all give me a little anxiety in a place that sells nothing but baby items. Are they really on sale or is everything else just jacked up so that I feel like I'm getting a deal? Does the sale bin mean something is wrong with it or got bad reviews? Some women refer to it as the mecca of baby stores, but how does a person choose anything when faced with 100 strollers to choose from? Phew, I'm tired and my feet are aching just from thinking about it.

I created my registry online. I've done all my research online. I bought everything for the nursery online (aside from the occasional thrifted item and things I already had/saved). I compared ratings and reviews and watched YouTube videos on products. Does this make me a lazy mom/person?

I can't help but notice moms and moms-to-be on Facebook raving about shopping at these baby stores and having a blast creating their registry. I had a ton of fun doing that with Matt when we created our wedding registry at certain stores, however I feel like so much of the "need to have" baby items out there are just a way to get me to spend money on things I'll never use. Don't get me wrong. This girl LOVES to shop. Pretty packaging and smart and creative branding has a way of wooing me. Maybe I just know myself. Maybe I'm just subconsciously playing defense against my shopping self? Or maybe stores like that bring out the indecisive Lindsay. That Lindsay, when surfaced, usually brings out the worst. And we already know what that can be/feel like. No thanks, said everybody.

P.S. 34 going on 35 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment